Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double // in url

Double // in url

has anyone seen this after installing SEO Friendly categories?

I also have this problem, it only appears on product URLs. All the category URLs are rewritten perfectly but the products have a double slash after the domain name.

Can anybody help?

Administrator
    We are looking into it right now. Will follow up in the email.

Administrator
    We just released the new bugfix version of the SEO friendly categories (v.1.0.4.1) that should fix the double slash issue. Please check it out and let us know if that was resolved.

This has fixed the problem in terms of the additional forward slash, however i've found that the product id has now been appended to the end of all product URLs. For example, //10oz-disposable-plastic-glasses.html has now become /10oz-disposable-plastic-glasses-74.html. I've checked the URL rewrite management section and rules to this effect have been added for all products on the site.

I'd prefer it if the product id was not visible in the product URL to be honest.

Is this something that can be adjusted?

Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radion_auto View Post
    This has fixed the problem in terms of the additional forward slash, however i've found that the product id has now been appended to the end of all product URLs. For example, //10oz-disposable-plastic-glasses.html has now become /10oz-disposable-plastic-glasses-74.html. I've checked the URL rewrite management section and rules to this effect have been added for all products on the site.

I'd prefer it if the product id was not visible in the product URL to be honest.

Is this something that can be adjusted?
    The reason you see the numbers at the end of the URLs is because Magento can already detect that the original URLs were taken before so it has to create distinct ones. What you need to do is empty the table that contains the URL keys and rewrites. You can do that by running the truncate command on 'core_url_rewrite' . Once done, you will need to re-index the Products URL Rewrites index. That should fix it for you.

Let me know,

Quote Originally Posted by ronpeled View Post
    The reason you see the numbers at the end of the URLs is because Magento can already detect that the original URLs were taken before so it has to create distinct ones. What you need to do is empty the table that contains the URL keys and rewrites. You can do that by running the truncate command on 'core_url_rewrite' . Once done, you will need to re-index the Products URL Rewrites index. That should fix it for you.

Let me know,
    Thanks for the response, i dont think that is necessarily the problem though as duplicate url rewrite entries are also being created for new products added. This results in numbers being appended to the end of all products, both existing and new. This is a product i've just added: http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/9...gentoerror.png

The problem did only arise when installing the updated extension, previously it worked fine (apart from the double slash).

Team Member
    radion_auto,

What are your settings for System > Config > Catalog > Catalog > Search Engine Optimizations ? under 'Use Categories Path for URLs' should be set to NO.

What is probably happening in your case is that you have created the product URLs with that setting turned on, so it will create a different URL for each category that the product is under. You want to turn this setting off, and try to reindex the Catalog URLs.

Check and let me know,

Quote Originally Posted by ronpeled View Post

Let me know,
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but i don't think this is the problem. If i add new products to the site i now get duplicate URL rewrite rules, as a result all new products have number appended to their names. This only started happening since i installed the latest update of the extension, there are now over 2,000 rewrite rules for only 300 products.

I think the extension must be causing this duplication somehow, if i watch the rewrite rule when products are added, i get the correct rule, then another duplicate rule that appends a number on the end as per my examples above.

Any ideas?

Team Member
    radion_auto,

PM me access info to your Magento front and backend, if possible.

Thanks!