Thread: Extension doesn't do anything

Extension doesn't do anything

Hello,

I've just installed your awesome sounding little neat extension.

I'm working on Magento CE 1.7.0.2.

I've followed all the steps:
    - Installation via Connect Manager
    - checked, it's enabled
    - deleting Search Terms
    - Reindexing
    - Flush Cache
    - Logout/Login Magento Backend
    - Empty browser cache

Still, nothing seems to have changed. The search still cannot find certain products with combined search terms.

Any hints, what could help or what I've missed would help a lot!!!!

Thanks,
    Luna

Team Member
    Hi Luna,

Notice that the free extension will only help if you want to reduce the search results size so it works more logically. It modifies the way Magento works by changing the search results from being all inclusive to returning only results that contain all the words in the search phrase. So, if you want the search to return more results, this may not be the solution for you.

A couple of thoughts before you proceed, as this may not be an extension issue at all:
    1. Have you made sure that you enabled 'use attribute in search results' all the attributes you would like to search for?
    2. Double check the products you want found are enabled, visible in catalog & search, and in stock.

Sincerely,
    Ron

Thank you, Ron!
    I got the extension just for that reason to change the search from OR to AND. Would love to see it, it's so necessary.

I am aware of the attributes.
    Of course the products are enabled, visible etc.
    Hm.

Maybe the extension gets a problem with our custom design templates or else, we'll have to get into the code...

Still appreciate any hints!

Thank you,
    Luna

Team Member
    Hi Luna,

The last few guesses are to try and make sure our extension is installed. Check System > Config > Advanced > Advanced and see if our extension is listed there.

Have you tried to delete all of your saved search terms from Catalog > Search Terms?

Our code does not interact with any themes of custom template files, it should not be an issue. The only other thing is if you have another search related extension that may be conflicting with ours.

Sincerely,
    Ron

You should remove the previous search plugin, I did that and my site run normally.