Thread: Advaced Search not very good - am I doing something wrong?

Advaced Search not very good - am I doing something wrong?

Hi there,

I just bought your advanced search extension and installed via Connect. The auto complete function works very well but the searches just don't seem that much better than magento.

I would have expected some kind of weighting but it appears to show results where the terms appear anywhere on the page and doesn't show the most relevent results at the top.

Have I done something wrong in the setup or am I expecting too much out of a paid for search extension?

I have deleted the saved searches in catalog and reindexed.

best,

Brian

Team Member
    Hi Brian,

No, you haven't done anything wrong. Our current Advanced Search enhances the auto complete and offers auto suggest. It also modifies slightly the actual search results to use refinement when multiple terms are present and search similarity if you choose to enable it. We have yet to modify the sorting of the results. That is actually one of the features that we are currently working on and will offer it in the next few versions. We will offer weighted searches based on searchable attributes according to your own settings in the config. We have seen some real improvements in product discovery with several of our high traffic customers with the current set of existing features.

Feel free to contact us if you have any additional feature requests.

Sincerely,
    Ron