Thread: No Tracking Code in the thankyou page.

No Tracking Code in the thankyou page.

Hope someone can help?

I have installed the extension to a customer's Magento site. I have followed the instructions and added the tracking ID and label.

When testing the code after 12 hours of it being installed there is nothing showing in Google Adwords.

The site is on Magento 1.6.1.0

Can anyone help?

Team Member
    Hi,

Have you made sure the extension is working properly? Do you see the extensions config settings in the System/Config area? Have you tried setting it to debug and checking out, do you see the code?

If you DON'T see the Google AdWords code on the thank you page, it is usually an issue with the theme not picking up the proper layout (.xml) file.
    If you DO see the Google AdWords code on the thank you page, the issue is usually related to entering the proper Conversion ID and the Conversion Label (both need to be copied and are unique to your setup).

Sincerely,

Thanks.

Will the code show for every purchase or only purchases that have been made from a adwords link?

Thanks

Team Member
    The implementations instructions from Google AdWrods requires that you send info of every order. Google AdWords is then suppose to know when a user reached your site with an ad or not and only account the ones that need to be accounted for. From my experience they are pretty accurate.

Sincerely,
    Ron