Thread: Extension caused a crash - can't access admin

Extension caused a crash - can't access admin

Hi.

I did everything properly - disabled compilation (it was already done) and installed via Magento Connect. I am on 1.7.

After logging out and logging back in, I get an error:

There has been an error processing your request
    Mage registry key "_singleton/catalogsearch2/feed" already exists

Trace:
    #0 /home/fashion/public_html/app/Mage.php(222): Mage::throwException('Mage registry k...')
    #1 /home/fashion/public_html/app/Mage.php(476): Mage::register('_singleton/cata...', false)
    #2 /home/fashion/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(31355): Mage::getSingleton('catalogsearch2/...')
    #3 /home/fashion/public_html/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
    #4 /home/fashion/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(24006): Mage::dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
    #5 /home/fashion/public_html/includes/src/Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action.php(160): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
    #6 /home/fashion/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(23886): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
    #7 /home/fashion/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(28259): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('login')
    #8 /home/fashion/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(27793): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
    #9 /home/fashion/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(30393): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
    #10 /home/fashion/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
    #11 /home/fashion/public_html/index.php(88): Mage::run('', 'store')
    #12 {main}

I read that it may be necessary to empty cache manually, which I did by deleting files in /var/cache and var/sessions. That did not help. I have a site back up, but it is a few weeks old, so I would lose transaction information for the past 2 weeks.

Is there a way to revert the changes manually? Anyone knows a solutions

There is an easy way to uninstall the extension manually -- just go to you server via FTP and remove the app/code/community/Activo/CatalogSearch and app/code/community/Activo/News folders. You may first remove only app/code/community/Activo/News and see if it would work.

At a glance it looks like some config cache did not clean out properly, for some reason it tries to register one of the the extension's components for the second time.

Hi,

I can't login in admin panel after install catalog search refinement FREE. error below

Mage registry key "_singleton/catalogsearch2/feed" already exists

Trace:
    #0 /var/www/magento/app/Mage.php(223): Mage::throwException('Mage registry k...')
    #1 /var/www/magento/app/Mage.php(477): Mage::register('_singleton/cata...', false)
    #2 /var/www/magento/includes/src/__default.php(22033): Mage::getSingleton('catalogsearch2/...')
    #3 /var/www/magento/app/Mage.php(448): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
    #4 /var/www/magento/includes/src/__default.php(14361): Mage::dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
    #5 /var/www/magento/includes/src/Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action.php(160): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
    #6 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php(51): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
    #7 /var/www/magento/includes/src/__default.php(14241): Mage_Adminhtml_System_ConfigController->preDispatch()
    #8 /var/www/magento/includes/src/__default.php(18698): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('edit')
    #9 /var/www/magento/includes/src/__default.php(18228): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
    #10 /var/www/magento/includes/src/__default.php(21063): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
    #11 /var/www/magento/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
    #12 /var/www/magento/index.php(84): Mage::run('', 'store')
    #13 {main}

Administrator
    This happens because you have site compilation enabled on your site. You need to disable site compilation whenever you install new components to it.
    You can disable Magento site compilation from the command line (CLI) by logging into your server via SSH and running following commands from your Magento root folder:

php -f shell/compiler.php -- disable
    php -f shell/compiler.php -- clear

You can read this article for additional details:
    http://www.createhosting.co.nz/suppo...yarticle&id=49

Thanks a lot, I have the same problem!