Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extension not working.

Extension not working.

I installed your free search extension on my site (vintagepostcards.com) but it doesnít work at all. No errors - just doesnít change the search from Magento default. Iím on 1.7.0.2 CE.

I tried installing through Magento Connect first. Flushed my cache and reindexed by search. Doesn't work.

Then I uninstalled through Magento Connect, downloaded the extension from Activo.com, put the module files in the correct directories using FTP (after unpacking), flushed by cached and reindexed. Still doesn't work.

I have a custom theme installed (polaroid free theme) but I don't see any conflicts there.

I have my Admin/Config/Catalog/CatalogSearch/Search Type set to Combine (Like and Fulltext). Does that make a difference?

Can you help me to get it working?

Team Member
    Yes. Let's start by checking if the extension is actually installed on your site. In the admin panel, go to System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced. Check to see if our extension is installed, you should see something like this, look for 'Activo_CatalogSearch' - if it is there, then the files are installed properly:

activo_catalog_search_advanced_advanced.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ronpeled View Post
    Yes. Let's start by checking if the extension is actually installed on your site. In the admin panel, go to System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced. Check to see if our extension is installed, you should see something like this, look for 'Activo_CatalogSearch' - if it is there, then the files are installed properly:

activo_catalog_search_advanced_advanced.JPG
    Yes, Activo_CatalogSearch is on the list in System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced and is enabled.

Team Member
    Ok, now this step will require a bit of coding. We need to check if the class we introduce really gets used like it supposed to. Add this line of code in line 46, right bellow the opening bracket of the 'prepareResult' method:
    PHP Code:
    die(); 
    Now run your search again, if you get a blank page or an error somewhere - our file is being used. Otherwise, our overwrite is not being used. Don't forget to remove the line once you are done testing.

Thanks!

I assume you mean to change the code in the file app\code\community\Activo\CatalogSearch\Model\Mysq l4\fulltext.php.

After inserting the die command in the code, my store search returns a blank page so it must be used by my store for searches.

Team Member
    Yes. Sorry I forgot to mention which file.

Also, I think I have found an issue with our extension. What version and which edition of Magento are you using?

Administrator
    We just discovered that there are some compatibility issues with Magento 1.7.0.2 -- they have quietly changed some underlying core components dealing with search, which makes our FREE Search Refinement extension inoperable in certain circumstances (it doesn't produce any errors, but fails to override the default search functionality). It looks like this is the version you are currently running, so this may be the issue.

We are working on it right now and will release the new version within the next few days that addresses the issue and is fully compatible with Magento version 1.7.0.2. I would recommend that you wait until we release the new version and try to download that one instead. I will send you an email notification once the new version is available. Let's wait until we have a compatibility fix and re-test it back again with the new version. I would definitely like to hear your feedback after we have a fix.

Administrator
    Just released the new version 1.0.5 that should work with Magento 1.7.0.2 CE. Download it directly from our store here http://extensions.activo.com/catalog...efinement.html

We are submitting it to Magento Connect as well, but it will take some time before it get updated there.

Please try to install the new version and let us know if you still experience any issues.

I installed the new version. No improvement. Still doesn't work on my store (Magento 1.7.0.2 CE).

Team Member
    vintagepostcards,

After you install the latest version, make sure that when you check if it works that you either use completely new terms or erase the old terms entry from Admin > Catalog > Search Terms admin page. Otherwise, what you are seeing are the results that are saved to the DB.

Let me know,
    Ron