Thread: Extension not working in with magento 1.6.1.0 CE

Extension not working in with magento 1.6.1.0 CE

Hello ,

Today morning I installed the extension on my dev site version 1.6 and it installed successfully. I can see the extension files in community folder as well in admin advance settings. But it does not show me the options which I saw in video and also it does not make any difference in my search.

Let me know if I missed anything?

Many Thanks,

Yogi

Administrator
    Are you using the free extension? It would not have any options in the admin panel, it just changes the search results behind the scenes.

Please note however that Magento cashes all the searches, so if you are trying the same search again, you need to clear the search terms table. To do that, go to Catalog / Search Terms menu item in Admin panel, click select all, select "Delete" from the Actions drop down and click Submit.

Otherwise Magento saves the results of your search and if you go to search the same terms again, it will show you the old results.

Team Member
    Hi Yogi,

The FREE version of the Catalog Search Refinement extension does not have any configuration options. Once installed it just works, if you want to turn it off you need to uninstall it. Other then that there are no settings whatsoever. You may have seen the video for one of our other Magento search extensions which do have configuration settings.

-Ron

Hi,

sorry, I was out for my small vacation. Just I came back... I cleared the all saved search terms and tried to search but it didn't work.. still its showing lots of irrelevent results. Let me know if I missed something?

Team Member
    Yogi,

Double check that all the files are placed in the proper directories and have a size larger than 0 bytes. Also double check that the extension is working by checking the System > Config > Advanced > Advanced and make sure that the extension shows up in the list of extensions. There is also a way to add a 'die();' command in a specific line of the class overwrite to make sure that the class is actually overwriting the core class in your version of Magento - that will require advanced developer skills, only do it if you are able to.

I hope that helps,
    Ron